Dear SCDA Family,
As federal, state, and local restrictions ease, we are all eager to resume to some semblance of normalcy and get back on track soon. Once we do get back on track, we will continue to follow all CDC and state protocols. We will continuously update protocols as necessary in order to keep your health and safety at the forefront. This down time has spurred some great ideas on how we will address every single touch point and modify all necessary procedures in order to do our very best to provide you with the safest possible environment. Ultimately your health and safety are our very top priorities. Please see below for the protocols that we will follow. Any constructive feedback is also welcomed as we are all in this together.
Pre- Event Protocols:
- Register for events early as we will likely have a limit to the amount of people when we restart.
- SCDA merchandise will be limited at events, please preorder during registration on our website.
- Cancellation and transfer policies have been modified to mitigate financial burden, in short, you will not lose your money due to COVID-19, but please advise asap with any changes. Please review policies here: SCDA Refund Policies
- All participants, guests, staff, and volunteers will need to bring their own PPE such as a facemask, gloves, hand sanitizer, and pens.
- Be prepared for ALL weather conditions as meetings and classrooms may take place outside.
- Bring lunch in a cooler and sufficient drinks to stay hydrated. Food and drinks at tracks may be limited.
- Please monitor yourself at all times leading up to the event. If you are currently in quarantine or have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms 14 days or less prior to event, please be cautious and do not come. Please see the CDC guidelines for symptoms and prevention
- Please review and have Tech Inspection sheet filled out and signed prior to event. We will have a collection box at the event during tech.
Event Day Protocols:
- Please use common sense at all times and respect your safety and that of others around you.
- Temperatures may be checked (no touch thermometer) by track and/or SCDA staff prior to entering the track.
- Properly Wash Hands as often as possible.
- Face coverings will be required if you are closer than 10ft away from others (extra 4ft to be extra safe!). Anyone not following the protocols will be asked to leave. Please make the assumption that everyone, including you, could potentially be infected and not know it. Again, this is for your safety and for that of others around you
- Have your own pen ready to sign waivers and hand sanitizer to use before and after signing waivers. We are also working on eWaivers.
- Please find a designated parking spot and leave at least 15ft apart from other cars/trailers to safely maintain social distance.
- SCDA Registration check-in will be brief and outdoors whenever possible. If indoors, we will limit the amount of people permitted in the room at any one time.
- Please proceed to Tech as soon as possible after registration with: Tech Sheet pre filled, car numbers installed (provided), SNELL SA 2010 or newer helmet (loaners NOT available), and car fully emptied inside. When you arrive at tech, please stay in cars and have helmet ready and tech sheet under windshield wipers.
- Drivers Meeting will be done outdoors where possible, otherwise it will be done digitally and/or virtually depending on venue. A pre-event email will go out outlining details.
- Classroom sessions will be done digitally prior to event and/or virtually (ZOOM) on event day. A Pre-event email will outline details along with meeting links.
- Event facilities and other touch points will have accelerated and enhanced levels of sanitation.
- Passengers are NOT allowed on track, drivers must be solo.
- Novice group: NO in-car instructors. Instruction for novices will be conducted via small lead follow groups of approximately 3 cars. SCDA will provide radios and earpieces for all instructors and novice drivers (a deposit will be required for radios only). In addition we may also have instructors observing around the racetrack to provide real time and/or post session feedback via radio. This process is a proven method used for many years with additional benefits that we are excited for.
These protocols are subject to change at any time. We will continuously review and modify procedures to enhance the effectiveness, safety, and experience for everyone.