SCDA Pittsburgh International High Performance Driving & Track Events (HPDE)
5The Pittsburgh International Driving Experience
Pittsburgh International Race Complex, the premier motorsports destination in the Ohio Valley, features more than three miles of racing, karting, driving, and training track surfaces across 400 acres for customers, racers, and companies who are passionate about motorsports. Just 45 minutes from Pittsburgh, PA, Pitt Race is more than a racing facility. It is a motorsports destination with an array of visiting groups as well as training, karting, education, and corporate programs for novice to experienced driving enthusiasts.
Highlights of an SCDA Event at Pittsburgh International.
- Mere event-specific information coming soon.
- A limited number of arrive and drive rental Spec Miatas are available for this event.
- Classroom Instruction will be provided for all skill levels.
- We will utilize the ultra smooth 2.7 Mile FULL COURSE configuration at this event.
- SCCA Flaggers will be working this event. SCDA Customers are not expected to work corner stations.
- Food will be available at the track. The track concession stand serves breakfast and lunch as well.
- SCDA Data and Video Coaching- SCDA is offering professional data and video coaching at our events. This is an affordable and individualized program that will help you take your driving to the next level. Our coaches are accomplished racers and industry experts that are able to pinpoint areas for improvement. Together you’ll come up with an action plan to help you achieve your goals.
- A professional photographer will be available at select SCDA events.
- Private Driver Coaching is available with 2015 SCCA Spec Miata National Champion Jonathan Goring. Please call Jonathan if you would like his Coaching Services (860) 485 5736.
Pittsburgh International Track Days & Schedule and Pricing
2021 Pittsburgh International Dates are September 13-14.
- Download Daily Schedule for Pitt Race (subject to change)
Pittsburgh International Driving Experience is $399/day
Register by July 13th and get the 2-day Special Early Registration discount (only $599 for BOTH days)
Track and Event Information
Location / Directions
Directions to Pittsburgh International
Located in Wampum, PA, just off PA Turnpike, Beaver Valley Exit 13, 45 miles northwest of Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh International Race Complex is located in Big Beaver Borough, near Wampum, Pennsylvania. Located on PA Rt. 18, at the Beaver Valley exit 13, Pitt Race is accessible from all major highways, including I-79,
I-376, and I-80.
Pittsburgh International Airport
The routes offered below should serve as a general guideline only and are not necessarily the best routes from your area.
Please consult a more detailed map for specific directions from your area.
The Pittsburgh International Track Policies
View the Pittsburgh International Guest Guide
- Waiver must be signed by each individual before entering the premises.
- Appropriate wristbands must be worn at all times.
- Wood or suitable material must be used on paved surfaces under all trailer jacks, tongues, and
stands to prevent damage.
- All fluid spills must be reported so that absorbent material can be applied.
- All motor oil, brake fluid, and antifreeze must be disposed of in marked containers in designated
- All tires, scrap metal (including broken canopies), and any vehicle parts must be taken with you.
Pitt Race will not dispose of this material at the track.
- Pets must be leashed at all time and all pet waste must be bagged and disposed of appropriately.
- Motorized vehicles may be used only for transport around the facility.Anyone operating a motorized vehicle on site, including paddocks, must have a valid drivers license. This includes operation of motor scooters, ATVs, motorcycles, and golf carts. NO jumping, speeding, or any other activity Pitt Race may deem dangerous or threatening to other facility users will be permitted.
- Approved helmets must be worn for any on-track activity in excess of 45 mph – no exceptions.
- No fireworks, firearms, or weapons of any kind are permitted at any times.
- No drone usage will be permitted.
- Help us keep the grounds clean be disposing of all refuse in trash containers, conveniently located throughout the facility.
- Be considerate of others by avoiding loud music and respecting “quiet hours” from 8 pm to 8 am.
- For safety, observe the posted 10 mph speed limit in all paddocks and parking areas.
- No open campfires. Grills and elevated, contained fire pits are permitted if more than 50 ft from
the fuel farm.
- No alcohol during hours of operation.
- No illegal drugs.Note: Drivers will be financially responsible for damage to safety barriers or other track damage.
Concessions and Fuel
Pittsburgh International Concessions and Fuel
- Fuel is available at Pittsburgh International with a credit card.
- Food will be available at the track.
- Track Information
Pittsburgh International has no noise restrictions.
Pittsburgh International Takes great pride in the quality of the track and facilities. Charges for any damage to safety barriers or other equipment are the responsibility of the driver involved.
Shipping to Pittsburgh Int.
Shipping to Pittsburgh International:
Ship to the track address. See the track office to collect packages
Pittsburgh International Race Complex
201 Penndale Exd, Wampum, PA 16157
Helmet Requirements for all SCDA events.
Helmets with a SA-2015 or SA-2020 rating are REQUIRED for all SCDA Events
Helmets with an M-rating are not Acceptable. Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use, specifically a rollbar multi-impact test.
Helmets MUST have one of these two labels on the inside.
Long sleeves and long pants are suggested at all tracks. Open-toe shoes are not allowed. Drivers of competition cars are encouraged to wear fire-suits.
SCDA Convertible Policy
For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Miata, Corvette, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Pontiac Solstice etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event.
- The roll bar must be in the fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times.
- The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the “broomstick” test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield.
There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. If your convertible meets these standards, then you are welcome to participate!
Factory hard tops ARE acceptable at SCDA events.
The ONLY time there may be a passenger on track is:
- If the Driver is a registered SCDA Instructor or Coach
- If the Passenger is a registered SCDA Instructor or Coach
- Non-entrant passengers MUST sign in and receive the proper wristband
All Cars must be brought to Tech Inspection prior to entering the track.
- Participants should bring their completed SCDA Tech Form to inspection with their helmets.
- Vehicles must be empty of items and have the numbers attached that are in the driver packet
- NOTE: Please visit Registration to get the event packet with the vehicle numbers in it. We cannot inspect a car that does not yet have the tech form and car numbers.
Lodging / Attractions
Lodging near Pittsburgh International
Lodging and Accommodations
For visitors requiring overnight accommodations, there are a number of hotel/motel properties within a convenient distance of Pitt Race.
Felicity Farms Bed & Breakfast: 12 miles from Pitt Race, 2075 Dutch Ridge Rd, Beaver Falls, PA 15009, (724) 775-0735
Radisson Beaver Falls: 2.2 miles from Pitt Race, 7195 Eastwood Dr, Beaver Falls, PA 15010, (724) 846-3700
Microtel Beaver Falls: 9.9 miles from Pitt Race, 2801 Darlington Rd, Beaver Falls, PA 15010, (724) 581-5273
Chapel Valley Estates: 14 miles from Pitt Race, 297 Chapel Dr, Ellwood City, PA 16117, (724) 201-0811
Super 8 Hotel Beaver Falls: 2.7 miles from Pitt Race, 7099 Big Beaver Blvd, Beaver Falls, PA 15010, (724) 843-9300
Best Western Plus Inn and Suites Boardman, OH: 27 miles from Pitt Race, 7400 Tiffany S, Poland, OH 44514, (330) 629-6900
Fairfeild Inn & Suites: 17.5 miles from Pitt Race, 1438 Brodhead Rd, Monaca, PA 15061, (724) 888-2696
The Lark Motel: 1.4 miles from Pitt Race, 7291 Big Beaver Blvd, Beaver Falls, PA 15010, (724) 730-1255
Grand Valley Inn & Hotel: 11.8 miles from Pitt Race, 452 Constitution Blvd, New Brighton, PA 15066, (724) 843-9000
The Holiday Inn Express: 17.3 miles from Pitt Race, 105 Stone Quarry Rd, Monaca, PA 15061, (724) 728-5121
The Inn Forza: 17.4 miles from Pitt Race, 1525 Old Brodhead Rd, Monaca, PA 15061, (724) 728-9270
Forest Breeze Guest House: 5.9 miles from Pitt Race, 165 Forest Dr, Ellwood City, PA 16117, (724) 622-1785
Heslet House B&B: 19.6 miles from Pitt Race, 1427 Church St, Ambridge, PA 15003, (724) 241-3993
Old Economy Inn: 19.5 miles from Pitt Race, 1515 Church St, Ambridge, PA 15003, (412) 841-9693
The Todd House: 17.2 miles from Pitt Race, 330 3rd St, Beaver, PA 15009, (724) 775-1424
BaRuni Hotel and Grille: 17.7 miles from Pitt Race, 3797 Duss Ave, Baden, PA 15005, (724) 869-5051
Beaver Falls Motel: 1.5 miles from Pitt Race, 7257 Big Beaver Blvd, Beaver Falls, PA 15010, (724) 843-0630
Beaver Valley Hampton Inn: 18.1 miles from Pitt Race, 202 Fairview Dr, Monaca, PA 15061, (724) 774-5580
Beaver Valley My Place Hotel: 17.4 miles from Pitt Race, 138 Stone Quarry Rd, Monaca, PA 15061, (724) 773-0500
Brady’s Run Grille and Guesthouse: 12.7 miles from Pitt Race, 449 Constitution Blvd, New Brighton, PA 15066, (724) 843-9001
Cobblestone Inn: 20.7 miles from Pitt Race, 1111 New Economy Dr, Ambridge, PA 15003, (724) 266-7100
Comfort Suites: 18.3 miles from Pitt Race, 1523 Old Brodhead Rd, Monaca, PA 15061, (520) 979-3584
Hyatt Place: 19.8 miles from Pitt Race, 136 Emeryville Dr, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066, (724) 779-7900
Hampton Inn: 20.4 miles from Pitt Race, 201 Executive Dr, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066, (724) 776-1000
Residence Inn: 20.6 miles from Pitt Race, 1308 Freedom Rd, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066, (724) 779-1000
Stay at the Track
Stay at Pittsburgh International
Camping at Pittsburgh International TBD