SCDA Pocono Raceway High Performance Driving Experience
Pocono Raceway has long been recognized as one of the NASCAR’s most competitive speedways. Road racing has been at Pocono almost as long. The Sports Car Driving Association will host it’s first event at Pocono Raceway in 2020. Pocono’s unique 2.5-mile road racing circuit has accommodated the most exotic sports cars in the world, including IMSA GTP cars. The course features eight turns; two S’s and straightaway up to 3,055 feet long. The track width varies from 45-100′. Its great racing and location, in the heart of the Pocono Mountain resort area has made Pocono Raceway a favorite destination of race fans and vacationers.
Highlights of an SCDA Event at Pocono Raceway
- Driving at a track with history and character dating back to 1968
- Long straights and a variety of turns on the infield road course
- Upgrade to modern safety standards, adequate run off areas and modified turn design to accommodate modern racing and driving needs.
- Easy access to the paddock for trailers
- NASCAR quality garage building
- Premium classrooms, offices, restrooms, timing and scoring tower, concessions stands
- Multiple driving configurations.
- Top class safety fencing and barriers
- Fuel station on site.
- Participants can expect four on-track driving sessions, one on one In Car Instruction if needed, and up to three Classroom Sessions. In an effort to provide maximum levels of safety, quality, and fun at our events, the SCDA will provide trained and certified flaggers at the corner stations. This ensures that our drivers can focus on one thing- improving their driving skills. This event is geared towards all skill level drivers, from Novice to Advanced.
- A limited number of arrive and drive rental Spec Miatas are available for this event.
- SCDA Data and Video Coaching- SCDA is offering professional data and video coaching at our events. This is an affordable and individualized program that will help you take your driving to the next level. Our coaches are accomplished racers and industry experts that are able to pinpoint areas for improvement. Together you’ll come up with an action plan to help you achieve your goals.
- Private Driver Coaching is available with 2015 SCCA Spec Miata National Champion Jonathan Goring. Please call Jonathan if you would like his Coaching Services (860) 485 5736.
- Garage Bays are available for rent.
2020 SCDA Schedule of Events at Pocono Raceway
The SCDA will host one date at Pocono Raceway this season!
- May 21
All Pocono Raceway SCDA events are $399 ($449 for novice drivers, includes instructors). $25 Early Bird Discount if you register 2 months prior to an event
Pay only $299 if you register by March 21st
General track information can be found here:
Track Policies and Procedures:
Lodging and Dining options can be found here:
Pocono Raceway Hotels and Attractions
Track and Event Information
Location / Directions
Pocono Track Policies
Concessions and Fuel
Pocono Takes great pride in the quality of the track and facilities. Charges for any damage to safety barriers or other equipment are the responsibility of the driver involved.
Shipping to Pocono Raceway
Shipping to Pocono Raceway:
Ship to the track address. See the track office to collect packages
Helmet Requirements for all SCDA events.
Helmets with a SA-2010 or SA-2015 rating are REQUIRED for all SCDA Events
Helmets with an M-rating are not Acceptable. Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use, specifically a rollbar multi-impact test.
Helmets MUST have one of these two labels on the inside.
Long sleeves and long pants are suggested at all tracks. Open-toe shoes are not allowed. Drivers of competition cars are encouraged to wear fire-suits.
SCDA Convertible Policy
For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Miata, Corvette, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Pontiac Solstice etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event.
- The roll bar must be in the fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times.
- The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the “broomstick” test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield.
There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. If your convertible meets these standards, then you are welcome to participate!
Factory hard tops ARE acceptable at SCDA events.
The ONLY time there may be a passenger on track is:
- If the Driver is a registered SCDA Instructor or Coach
- If the Passenger is a registered SCDA Instructor or Coach
- Non-entrant passengers MUST sign in and receive the proper wristband
All Cars must be brought to Tech Inspection prior to entering the track.
- Participants should bring their completed SCDA Tech Form to inspection with their helmets.
- Vehicles must be empty of items and have the numbers attached that are in the driver packet
- NOTE: Please visit Registration to get the event packet with the vehicle numbers in it. We cannot inspect a car that does not yet have the tech form and numbers installed provided in your event packet at check in.
Lodging / Attractions
SCDA Discount Lodging near Pocono Raceway
Area Lodging Suggestions
Stay at the Track
Stay at Pocono Raceway